Pond Lava 15L
Moerings Pond Lava is a high quality washed lava. It is a substrate that can be used both for the bottom of the pond as well as in the filter. Thanks to the volcanic origin and the extremely high temperatures that were present when they were created, the lava chunks are very porous. Moerings Pond Lava is safe for plants and fish.
The plentiful pores of this rock offer space for the development of millions of water purifying bacteria. By using Moerings Pond Lava on the bottom of the pond and in the filter, the bacteria can multiply and as a result, the self-cleaning ability of the pond
increases tremendously. The adjusted granule size (8-16 mm) ensures an optimal flow of the water through the filter. In addition, it ensures maximal porosity and a faster breakdown of the sediment on the bottom of the pond.
Moerings Pond Lava is perfect as an embedding substrate for oxygen plants and wetland plants. This porous substrate ensures a good flow of oxygen rich water for healthy roots and good growth. You can also use Moerings Pond Lava to cover plant baskets with water lilies, planted in Moerings Bio Granulate or Moerings Pond Soil. Moerings Pond Lava is a washed lava, however, there could still be a small amount of lava dust present due to friction during transport.
On the bottom of the pond:
• Use Moerings Pond Lava before you fill the pond with water.
• Make sure the entire bottom of the pond is covered with a 3-5 cm thick layer.
• Use Moerings Pond Lava on other flat levels in the pond to ensure the plant baskets do not slide.
In plant baskets
• Use Moerings Pond Lava as plant substrate for oxygen plants and quick growing wetland plants.
• Cover the bottom of the plant basket with a layer of Moerings Pond Lava, pot the plant, and fill up the basket.
• You can also use Moerings Pond Lava to cover plant baskets with water lilies, planted in Moerings Bio Granulate or Moerings Pond Soil.
In the filter
• Make sure the size of your filter has been adjusted to the total volume of water of the pond.
• Use Moerings Pond Lava as an organic purifying substrate in the filter (both in multiple chamber filters as in helophyte filters).