- Fill the tables with water and leave it for a few hours for the plants to absorb the moisture. When you leave in the evening to go home, empty the table. Once or twice a week will suffice. Make sure the plants are not too wet.
Benefits of watering:
- By watering frugally, the plants will not grow that fast, so less maintenance . When a water plant is left in a layer of water it will grow too fast. With dry plants the product is cleaner, no algea so the presentation will improve. Customers will not have to carry heavy wet plants in their shopping carts.
- During the season, it sometimes happens that the p9 plants will grow to high, that differs per variety. When the plant falls over or gets tangled with other plants, it will disturb the whole presentation. We advise to prune, but no more than 1/3 of the plant. So a plant of 60 cm can be pruned to 40 cm. This will improve the presentation. The P9 plants are usually part of a larger assortment and is not bought for its appearance at time of purchase.
- The water lilies come in waterproof trays and are usually also sold from these trays. A water lily is not supposed to get too dry and should be left in a layer of water all the time. Make sure in the spring that the lilly tray is filled with water to cover the baskets/pots. This way the consumer will see what they are buying. In the summer, fill the complete tray to the edge of the tray to protect the plant from the sun. That makes the plants not so visually attractive but ensures their wellbeing.
- At Moerings water plants, there is special nutrition available for when the plants are not sold that quickly. It will keep the colours of the plants vibrant and fresh.